My original plan for dinner tonight was to make Apple Butter Pork Loin in the slow cooker. That would have required me to remove the pork loin from the freezer to defrost sometime yesterday, however. I toyed with various ideas and then settled on breakfast pizza with a homemade crust. After cruising the web for ideas on how to make it since I was stuck on what to use as “sauce”, I cobbled together the following recipe. This is for baking in a toaster oven, so it’s on the small side. For use in a regular oven, just double the ingredients.
- Ball of favorite homemade pizza dough, about the size of a large orange. Enough to make a rectangle of about 7″ x 11″
- 1-2 oz. of chive and onion cream cheese spread
- 8 oz. cooked bacon, crumbled
- 2 eggs scrambled in your favorite manner – try to make the resulting scramble on the thin side to make it easier to spread on pizza
- 1-2 oz. shredded mozzarella and provolone cheese (Sargento makes this, but you can totally use your favorite shredded cheese)
Preheat toaster oven for five minutes to 375 degrees. Roll out ball of dough onto parchment paper to around 7″ x 11″. I bake my pizzas on the broiler pan, and this almost fills it. Spread chive and onion cream cheese spread in a thin layer on top of dough. Sprinkle crumbled bacon evenly across cream cheese. Place scrambled egg bits on top of bacon. Sprinkle shredded cheese on top. Bake in toaster oven for approximately 20 minutes or until shredded cheese and crust are lightly browned.