I've long talked about managing my life by knowing what the rubber balls are. Blogging in general became a big, fat, red rubber ball. So, what have I been up to in the last month? I've been doing *lots* of reading. I really enjoy being on the awards committee, but it's been a lot of work reading all of the books I've suggested. Let's not even talk about all the books that have already been nominated and I need to get on the stick reading.
Since I last posted, I've finished 9 1/2 books, finished (today) the ring pillow for my brother and soon-to-be sister-in-law, had a nasty cold, been to a state library conference, shifted my personal book collection, and drove home three weekends in a row. Oh, and worked at the part-time job a couple of nights, in addition to the day job. With all of that, and a few other things, I didn't have any time to blog. I did think about writing…lots of times. Then, I realized I still had a huge list of things to do.
Things still on my list of to-dos when I'm not at the day job, aka why I'll probably be gone for a while again:
- Read three more committee books on my "suggested" list, along with a few others I'm thinking about suggesting.
- Read the committee nominated books I haven't already read…the current count is eight
- Write essay on why I should be awarded a travel grant for ALA Annual conference by end of this month
- Write two short novellas for sekrit identity
- Finish knitting shawl by brother's wedding
- Prep for brother's wedding
- Go to brother's wedding
- Recover from brother's wedding
- Work at part-time job
Seriously, I'm beginning to wonder how I get everything done I need to get done.