Okay, it's been about a week since I started knitting for this, and I've gotten three squares done. Not as many as I'd like, but I probably will use all of the yarn I bought for the project. Anyway, here are piccies:
The first picture is all three squares, the second is a nubby, knotted pattern, third is a heart motif that I had to add on a crochet edging to make it the approximately correct size, and the last is a plain old garter stitch. I still have to block them all, especially the heart sucker, but they seem to be coming along well. As much of a pain as the nubby, knotted one was with the k2tog's, I think I'll consider it for gifty washcloths in the future. I *really*, *really* like the texture.